Sunday, May 24, 2015

Lightolier Plastic Lamp P1 - 79424

An Estate sale in Novato gave me my first hint at the local Mid-Century Modern scene. I stopped by on the way to a soccer game just to look at the contents of the living room of this Eichler designed home that was being vacated.

The room had been cleaned out by the 'Professionals' the previous day, the sales lady said most everything MCM had been taken within the first hour but there was a little lamp on a table in the corner that caught my eye. I plugged it it and it worked so I bought it for $15 and walked out with my first truly mid century artifact.

Lightolier Lamp
Researching what I had picked up I found a company with a rich history and a profound contributor to the changing designs of the 20th century. Lightolier introduced the first track lighting system in the 1960's designed by Anthony C. Donato. The little lamp I had grabbed was attributed to Gerald Thurston, was all plastic with heavy metal base. It measures about 22" high. Shade is 14" across by 7" high. 


#MCM, #Mid-Century, #Lightolier, #Thurston, #Plasticlamp

No comments:

Post a Comment